Friday, October 15, 2010

Evening by the bay ...


I lay there – unmoved and docile,

feeling the sand beneath my feet,

being washed away every while.


The sun decides to call it a day,

horizon turns into a messy color pallet ,

from blues to reds and then grey.


The Cimmerian shade takes over,

waves sense their moment of freedom,

and become raucous and louder .


This show full of plentitude and exuberance,

is an everyday spectacle at the bay.

How can it give me so much peace?

I wonder as I walk back on my way …

9 comments:

  1. How can it give me so much peace? - well, a break from monotony in the scenery - newer hues to see ... waves exuding the freedom... and the exuberent sounds on a shore... very unlike the dull grey life, the bounds of time and the sound of fones ringing!!

    "waves sense their moment of freedom,
    and become raucous and louder." - Fav lines in this one!! :D

    well painted!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "How can it give me so much peace?".. wow, what lines...

    Well written lines Devesh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lively!!! I am visiting this page after so much time...looks like it has grow so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Appu : I agree, totally. Thanks bro.

    @ Samir : Thanks Sam.

    @ Moss : We grow everyday ... page is just a byproduct :) Thanks for visiting bro.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. As always, the ocean is an endless source of inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow..!!
    Loved this line...How can it give me so much peace?
    Keep penning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inshallah I would be going to the beach tomorrow evening myself and relive the peace again...I remember I used to spend many of my evenings in Goa at the beach looking at the sunset endlessly...mreading this made me nostalgic...

    amazingly written...

    Cheers to Life...
    Che

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful...u have painted a scenery with your vibrant words.. :)

    ReplyDelete