Wednesday, December 26, 2012

2012 - The year...

...was a tough one to be honest. There were however, several great things that happened this year. Some of them are as follows:

1) Getting back to Photography : I have always loved Photography, but I stopped clicking in 2010 & 2011, one big reason for this was non-availability of film and I have been a film-loyalist all this while. In 2012 I decided to move on and shift to digital. I am thankful to Zara and Rajiv for their constant encouragement and  guidance. This is therefore also the year when I got my first DSLR. 

Window | Shimla

2) Turning 30 : Yes, it does sound a bit too much but I did turn 30 this year. The celebrations took place in Nainital. The trip was very random and relaxed... just the way it should be.

Walk by the lake ...

3) Exploring Madhya Pradesh : Madhya Pradesh is indeed a huge state, and it would take me months to discover the state fully. I am glad I at-least made a start this year. I went on a Motorcycle ride to Orchha with Zara and this surely was one of the most awesome trip of my life.

Motorcycling in the heart of India

4) Making Videos : I have always enjoyed making videos, and this year with the DSLR and a set of newly acquired prime lenses it felt even better. Video content is a powerful medium today and I believe this skill will surely help me make some extra money :) 

5) Acquiring new skills at work : I learnt a lot about Social Media Optimization and Content Marketing this year. It is truly overwhelming, as I discovered this will be the future of marketing and there is so much opportunity out there for people like me. This makes me optimistic about 2013, makes me feel my time has come :)

Watch Maker | Explored

No comments:

Post a Comment