Friday, October 5, 2012

Meeting school friend...

Your well-paying job
in that expanding MNC.
With expensive coffee machines,
super-fast internet,
exhausted printer and idle shredder.
Those spreadsheets, presentations,
deadlines, columns and rows.

Your 3-BHK apartment
in a posh society.
With courteous security guards,
parking space for cars,
quiet poolside and noisy gym.
Those fast elevators, balconies,
gardens with pigeons and crows.

Your high-flying life
in a comfortable cocoon.
With extravagant parties,
multi-cuisine meals,
tight clothing and loose behavior.
Those expensive wines, luxury hotels,
mindless movies to tackle the lows.

I was happy we got in touch,
so long after school.
Within minutes of meeting I realized,
you haven’t really grown,
deep pockets and shallow conversations.
Big car, swiss watch, thai-holday and
your office-politics woes.
It means nothing to me,
because
when you don’t read my friend,
it
shows.

6 comments:

  1. super + like! This is so close an echo of my thoughts of a similar meeting. Loved it Devesh sahab. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rashi for visiting :) It is a regular event in my life :(

      Delete
  2. I can so relate to it. It's like I'm reading about one of my own experiences. Thank you so much Devesh :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) We have discussed this so many times. I somehow knew what will be your comment this time :D

      Delete
  3. Touched. This poem reflects the current scenario of our society, work ethic, attitude adaption, and many other factors which affect one's personality to a very extent.

    ReplyDelete